Junior BI DeveloperCity of London / Remote£50,000 - £55,000 per annum + annual discretionary bonus
On behalf a of a key Spencer Rose client, I am seeking a Business Intelligence specialist to deliver and develop global data initiatives and projects, allowing accurate and intelligent reporting of business performance.Responsibilities:
Experience / Skills required:
- Support and consult with the business to deliver collaborative data projects, generating insights that support business growth, largely through the development of Qlik dashboards.
- Help manage the Data Services priorities and escalate if/where conflicts exist.
- Strive to ensure there are no outages in the Qlik dashboards. Ensure high-level quality assurance and continuously moderate effectiveness and efficiency of the dashboards, avoid waste and eliminate redundancy.
- Ensure the successful day to day running of the Qlik data extraction processes.
- Work alongside other internal departments to better understand the Group's services and distribution channels.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their duties.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers.
- Provide Business Intelligence to help stake holders/decision makers identify market gaps and commercial opportunities.
- A minimum 2 years' experience of Data Visualisation, QlikSense (preferably), Looker, Power BI or Tableau.
- Your technical background should include - Data Visualisations skills (ideally Qlik) and Data scripting, SQL, scripting, XML/JSON parsing, data modelling/shaping, NPrinting administration and reporting development.
- Experience in extracting data from various databases, at least 1 years' experience in using SQL.
- Experience of working within a financial services environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work with senior stake holders, to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions. Ability to work with IT departments, IT developers and SMEs in extracting data and understanding data flows/dependencies between various IT systems.
- Analytical skills, including generation of reports by leveraging appropriate tools and platforms (SQL, Qlik Scripting, Qlik Visualisation & NPrinting).
- Good presentation skills, able to demonstrate dashboards to internal users for training and adoption. Collaborates with users to deliver the best solutions, in both technical and business teams.
- Owns all activities, able to learn and develop their skills/knowledge whilst being inquisitive, creative and showing high levels of initiative.
- Capable of crafting and executing queries on demand, in a controlled and time efficient manner. Testing & trouble shooting. Problem investigation.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93070157