I am currently recruiting for a Technical Architect to design and document the Fire & Rescue Service's future SD-WAN capabilities.
As part of the role, you will work with the ICT Enterprise Architect and collaborate with the Programme Director and Project Manager as part of the Digital and Data Programme.
You will understand objectives, gather high level requirements and propose a design that meets the Service needs for wide area network.
You will create a specification to procure an SD-WAN associates services and components.
You will prepare technical documentation as part of an Invitation to Tender or Framework arrangement, including evaluation criteria.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Have demonstrable knowledge of software defined WAN options currently on the market
- Have evidenced experience of deploying and managing wide area networks
- Be able to produce extensive network architecture diagrams including associated components such as firewalls
- Be competent and experienced in creating technical specifications
- Be an effective communicator and collaborator
- Be able to assess strategic objectives and align proposed technical solutions
- Have experience balancing objectives/design with budgets
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have experience implementing local and wireless networks
- Have experience leading on WAN procurement
- Provide evidence of delivering similar sized WAN deployments
- Be qualified or certified in a relevant discipline
- Have experience working with an emergency service or local government
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93074199