Stoneacre Academy is an employer/provider with a direct ESFA contract. The Academy is an 'Award-Winning' Training arm of Stoneacre Motor Group and is an 'Industry Leading Automotive Training Academy' which specialises in different types of apprenticeships; the Academy is IMI, City & guilds and Ofsted approved.
We have already enrolled and completed 100s of apprentices who work in a variety of roles: Business Administration, Fleet, Service, Parts, Bodyshop, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Vehicle Technicians. They also work towards industry recognised qualifications. Our philosophy at Stoneacre Academy is to create CAREERS FOR LIFE and offer sustainable, life-changing opportunities.
Stoneacre Academy is looking to recruit a Qualified Technical Tutor / Assessor. Reporting to the Group Academy Manager and working in a team of other Tutor / Assessors, you will be working within a thriving and supportive department who work closely together to achieve the same goals.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To plan, develop, deliver, assess and evaluate high quality training programmes. Occupational expert within Light Vehicle Technician and qualified to a minimum of level 3 Vehicle maintenance technician.
• Deliver training and assess learners as part of their qualification to ensure a successful outcome in line with contractual requirements and targets. To stretch and challenge learners and show progression and timely completions.
• To create the course curriculum following the IMI Scheme of Work set out by the technical academy management team.
• To ensure a safe working environment at the training technical school
• To train apprentice technicians to use diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified.
• Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
• To train apprentice technicians to carry out diagnosis, repairs, and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification.
• Check level and quality of work through ongoing quality control processes.
• To train apprentice technicians to complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDIs, service reports) in line with manufacture, warranty, and dealer requirements.
• To train apprentice technicians to accurately complete job cards and reports, including any written descriptions of faults found or repairs completed.
• To ensure the apprentice technicians upload their work onto their eportfolio.
• To support the learners with an 8-week scheduled progression review
• To maintain diary with key dates
• To have good understanding of digital delivery
• To set, mark, assess and record learners work including practical assessment, assignments, examination, and coursework assessments.
• Undertake regular progress reviews and action planning with learners maintaining up to date and accurate learner and programme documentation including reviews, Individual Learning Plans, registers and learner tracking.
• To give comprehensive information, advice and guidance ensuring learners are given clear direction about the apprenticeship, job outcomes and careers within their chosen field.
• PTLLS or equivalent
• Assessor Award or equivalent
• Qualified Technician to level 3
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Experience of working in the training / educational sector
• Up to date knowledge of occupational competence areas
• Worked within an automotive technical role.
• Experience of delivering Apprentice frameworks and standards and managing own caseload.
• Proven experience of improving and maintaining quality.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Influence and motivate learners
• Manage a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve time targets
• Good oral and written communication
• Attention to detail
• Team skills
• Excellent IT skills at a level commensurate with job role
• Travel to branches / sites as necessary
• Full driving license
• Competent at using ICT, Maths & English, Functional Skills, GCSE grades A - C grade or equivalent.
All applicants will be required to complete an application form. Successful candidate will require enhanced DBS disclosure Stoneacre Academy is committed to the safeguarding of all its learners, staff, and Visitors.