Costa Coffee - Tax Analyst
The role of a Tax Analyst is to support the indirect Tax Manager and Head of Tax across all areas of the tax function. The role is broad, requiring both technical knowledge and specialist tax skills and experience), to provide support to the wider tax team, including corporate tax, indirect tax and employment taxes.A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we're on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don't settle for mediocre. We've come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation. A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, you'll support with VAT compliance across the business, including preparation of the UK VAT returns and collating information relating to VAT registrations in other territories. You'll do this by working closely with Finance and Supply Chain teams for the timely provision of information necessary for meeting compliance deadlines and the review of VAT accounting ledger entries and balances. Key responsibilities will also include:
A bit about you...
- Assist with the implementation of tax automation technologies with the tax team to meet the needs the UK Making Tax Digital agenda and improve tax compliance processes and controls.
- Assist in preparing our UK subsidiaries' corporate tax and withholding tax filings.
- Work with external advisors to ensure timely and accurate tax filings in other jurisdictions.
- Assist with tax related queries received from around the business in relation to new markets, new products, and new processes.
- Assist in preparing our UK employment tax compliance obligations
- Tax audits - provide assistance, where appropriate, on tax audits
- Stamp duty - to prepare Stamp Duty Land Tax (Land and Buildings Transactions Tax in Scotland) variable rent returns for review and submission to HMRC / Revenue Scotland.
- Administrative support - to provide general administrative support to the wider tax team - including maintaining deadline tracker, risk tracker, fee tracker, etc
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
What we can offer...
- Previous relevant Tax experience, either in industry or practice
- Experience across different taxes preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly communicate tax technical issues to non-tax professionals
We're on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Dunstable Bedfordshire, but we're OK with you working from home if you're OK to travel to our Head Office for team meetings when required.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.