We are IMMO, a real estate fintech disrupting residential real estate. IMMO makes buying, selling and renting an easy, hassle-free experience. We are building Europe's largest residential fintech platform for institutional investors to enable programmatic real estate investment at scale, unlocking the residential asset class. For sellers, we provide a quick and transparent sales process with a guaranteed offer in 48 hours and our renters enjoy high quality and newly refurbished properties with excellent service.
Founded in 2017, we're a fast-growing start-up and have received significant institutional and venture funding backed by top European and Global VCs. The team includes serial entrepreneurs and industry leaders with experience from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Uber, Amazon, Procter & Gamble, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Google, WeWork, etc. and we are looking for talented people to join us on our mission.
We put data at the heart of decision making and believe that opinions don't affect facts, but facts affect opinions. We are straightforward, open-minded, creative and not afraid to challenge others. If this sounds like you too... read on!Your role
As Director, you will ensure excellence in financial management of our client portfolios, including working with our Accounting team to deliver the accounts, and leading financial planning, analysis and communication of portfolio finances for investors.You will
- Maintain property and portfolio level accounting books, relevant to each individual investor, and be able to lead and communicate the portfolio results and forecasts effectively.
- Ensure timely submission, reconciliation, and close-out of the month-end property and portfolio level bookkeeping including bank reconciliations, depreciation adjustments, and valuation changes.
- Seek debt solutions for the portfolios and recommend and implement solutions to optimize returns.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to prepare and analyse portfolio reports, monitor financial controls, plan and deliver on budgets, and support with the delivery of quarterly and year-end statutory accounts and reports including balance sheet and profit and loss statements.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Management team to execute on investment strategies, including planning and evaluating asset level business plans and reports. Identify salient tax and accounting issues while making recommendations to Portfolio Management and investors, accordingly.
- Work closely with the Product team to design and implement new software/solutions to improve financial information and analysis.
- Train, support and motivate your colleagues to be the best they can be.
- Qualified Accountant with Real Estate experience and knowledge of German regulation (HGB).
- Excellent German and English spoken & written communication skills.
- You have relevant experience of asset management and/or transaction experience within the real estate sector with exposure to residential.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to show strong working knowledge of real estate finance and operations.
- Excellence with MS Office, and experience with Microsoft Dynamics a big plus.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment.
- You are data-driven, analytical and detail-oriented.
- You are a problem solver and a self-starter who takes initiative, responsibility and leads by example.
- You are able to think in terms of how to build processes and operations to allow our Asset Management teams to oversee and drive the performance optimisation of thousands of assets!
- You can create structures and processes, to help structure and launch a fast-growing, international scale-up.
- Flexible leave policy
- Flexible working policy, we believe that work is something you do not when you have to do it
- Mental Health Assistance
- A truly collaborative culture where the best ideas win, not the person with the most senior title
- The ability to figure out your own solutions, and the responsibility to implement them
- A culture that is devoid of egos, where People > Product > Profits