Location FalkirkCompetitive package + half day on Fridays
More than half of the buses that you see on the roads in the UK are made by Alexander Dennis. Globally, there's over 25,000 people every minute, of every day using our products. That's a lot of responsibility we have for keeping the world moving.
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, build and support the widest range of market leading buses and coaches using low, ultra-low and zero emission technologies. We have extensive experience in vehicle supply and support across Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America, with a near 50 50 revenue split between UK and international markets.
We are excited about the opportunities arising from the global push for lower pollution and better air quality. The UK Government as well as many others around the world have committed to aggressive but achievable decarbonisation agendas and at Alexander Dennis, we are ready to deliver the green buses needed to transition to cleaner transport.
We operate numerous critical engineering IT systems required to design, manufacture, and support our products - all of which require close support. Therefore, we are looking for a Systems Analyst
to join our Group IT Function. In this position, your number one priority will be to assess scope and value of business change, steer group approval and implement IT solutions as a result.Why join
- You'll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team.
- It's a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant daily challenges for you to overcome. As part of this, you'll get to contribute to continuous improvement activities across both systems and processes.
- We're at the forefront of automotive technology, with extensive experience of producing low, ultra-low and zero emission vehicles, meaning that you will be helping to contribute towards the de-carbonisation of the environment.
- Alongside utilising and developing your IT technical skills, you will also gain exposure to all parts of the business, in turn developing your commercial awareness and future career prospects.
- Career development is not necessarily linear - you'll have plenty of opportunities available to you. As part of the USD $2.9bn NFI Group, you could consider new roles or secondments in the UK or any one of our global locations around the world, including Toronto, Hong Kong or Auckland.
- On top of a competitive base salary, pension, and life assurance cover, you will also receive a generous annual leave entitlement that increases with tenure. We also operate a half day on Fridays, giving you that much needed work-life-balance.
- To be successful, you will have demonstrable experience in a relevant IT position, along with possessing a genuine interest in IT and a thirst to work with new tools and technologies.
- Experience of implementing and working on System Integration projects from core ERP system to a variety of third-party projects which may include websites, CRM, Warehouse Management, Quality Management and Service Lifecycle.
- You will have a detailed knowledge of ERP (preferably Syspro) but experience of other ERP will also be considered.
- Strong technical, programming and development skills are required to this position. VB, .net, XMLT, TSQL most desirable.
What You Will Be Doing In Your New Role
- Any IT, Project or Change management related qualification would be advantageous. Project management training will be given to the right candidate as required.
- You will be flexible, with the ability to work on different solutions at any one time, and approach problem solving methodically.
- You will have a high level of negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to develop relationships with senior stakeholders.
- You will have a willingness to challenge accepted practices, map out 'as is' and 'to be' processes, and provide Business Analysis reporting.
- Your role will involve meeting with our business customers to understand their challenges and provide IT technical solutions to resolve these challenges, in line with the IT strategy
- You will work as the technical lead on business improvement projects.
- Create a robust installation having defined, designed, documented, and successfully executed tests that prove business result will be delivered.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting of all business applications.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Provide programming for some in-house IT projects i.e. VB, C# and .net and support and develop XML and XMLT.
- Continuously developing through appropriate reading and research, maintaining personal networks, and participating in meetings as required.
- You will build strong relationships with key managers and subject matter experts.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing systems.
- You will coordinate application development for multiple projects.
If this sounds like you, then it would be great to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, it would be great if you could include a short covering letter detailing the four or so reasons why you are suited to the role.