This is a mobile electrical maintenance role undertaking Electrical, HVAC and commercial building maintenance and the successful engineer will be responsible for reactive and planned works (PPMs) throughout London and within M25.
The role will encompass planned maintenance and PPM schedules as well reactive repairs and emergency recovery. It is essential that you have a maintenance background as this is not an installation role, however there is also a small requirement for installation.
You will require a formal and recognised electrical qualification with 17th Edition and be able to demonstrate a knowledge of maintenance operations.
Competent in other areas such as BMS controls, knowledge of smoke control systems/automatic opening vents is beneficial but not essential, fire alarms and general commercial maintenance.
Complete reactive and planned maintenance of electrical related jobs including:
• General electrical maintenance and testing within building developments
• Relamping and repairs
• Emergency light testing
• Fault finding
• Close down the reactive completed works as per the site requirement and report issues back to the Help Desk
• Complete proactive inspections and any required remedial repairs.
• Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by helpdesk and respond timely to all work requests in line with clients KPI's
• Ensure work reports, time-sheets, and necessary paperwork are sent to office support promptly within timescales set
Applicants should hold:
• 17th / 18th Edition
• Minimum 5 years' experience as an electrician
• Must hold a full UK driving licence
• Up to date CSCS card is preferred but not essential
• Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and competency with regard to electrical testing and inspection.
• Hold recognised electrical apprenticeship with ideally a minimum of City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent and have a good understanding of Electrical engineering principals.
• Proficient in Email and Microsoft Office
Previous experience in the maintenance of commercial buildings is essential. Engineers who have experience in a number of maintenance disciplines will be preferred.
The company will provide:
• Work vehicle with fuelcard
• Comprehensive Healthcare program with excellent additional benefits
• Mobile phone
• Full uniform
The company is a fast growing SME that takes employee satisfaction very seriously. They offer training and progression opportunities for anyone who shows ambition and an eagerness to learn. In 2020 over 80% of their employees received further certified training in their field.
They only recruit the most dynamic, talented staff with drive and motivation, in return the company will support you in meeting your future goals and aspirations.
There is plenty of overtime opportunities, this includes optional evening and weekend work with 4hours paid for any call out attended out of hours and a paid call out allowance.
Regular staff outings, along with sporting tickets from their clients which are
always distributed to staff members first