This city based Financial Services firm is looking to recruit a Financial Controller with an extensive background in insurance.
This is a home-based role with occasional travel into London for Finance meetings.
Following the completion of the first round of funding, the business is expanding rapidly and now requires a Finance Controller with experience in the insurance sector and a passion for growth, process improvement and driving business performance.
The Financial Controller will ensure that necessary financial control disciplines are applied to all entities and ensure that all financial, statutory and regulatory obligations are met.
* Management of a high-performing finance function
* Strong technical background, ideally ACA from Big 4
* Strong UK GAAP or Solvency II experience.
* Exceptional interpersonal engagement skills at the highest level
* Insurance experience essential with strong attention to detail around control processes associated with an MGA.
* Strong attention to detail around cash flow management and premium liability payments to insurers.
* Prior experience of having a recognised role under SM&CR is preferrable
The successful applicant will be ACA qualified (ideally Big 4) with excellent communication skills and a flexible approach. This is a highly technical role that will require the chosen individual to have prior extensive experience of working on regulated submissions in the insurance sector. You will be someone who has prior direct line management as this role will also be leading a team of 2 accountants. This is a collaborative environment with strong growth ambitions.
This is a permanent role paying £75,000 - £90,000 depending on experience