Female Support Worker - Waking Nights
£8.91 per hour plus excellent benefits
Female Applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 - Section 9 - Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement
United Response is an award-winning charity supporting people with learning disabilities, mental health needs or physical disabilities to take control of their lives and to get involved in their community. We do this in many different ways, from supporting people in their own homes to working with people to access training and work opportunities. We support around 2,000 people in over 300 locations across England and Wales and employ over 3,500 staff.
What will you be doing?
Typical duties of a waking night may include:
* General house duties
* Assisting with medication when required
* Assisting with bedtime and morning routines.
What we need from you
We are not looking for specific skills or experience in adult social care, the most important thing is that you are passionate about helping others.
You must able to show genuine compassion and treat people with dignity and respect. You will also be able to work independently, on a 1:1 basis understanding that each person has their own unique needs.
We will give you certified training and help you to develop with on the job training giving you everything you need to know to be part of our dedicated team.
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will receive first class training and:
* 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years' service
* Pension contribution
* Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
* Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
* Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
* Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Keeping you safe
In these extraordinary times we know that the safety of our staff and the people we support is vital - this is why we are doing everything we can to ensure that everyone connected with United Response is confident that they are working and living in COVID secure conditions.
We provide full PPE and ensure that you are confident in using it plus we offer vaccines to all United Response employees.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check