We have an exciting opportunity for a Fire Door Engineer to join an authentic, adaptable and rapidly growing company in the property maintenance industry. This is a self-employed role to begin with, but it could evolve into a permanent position.
Despite the recent events of 2020 this organisation has continued to thrive and as a result of this they have a number of job opportunities.
The Fire Door Engineer will be responsible for visiting multiple sites in and around London both installing and maintaining fire doors whilst ensuring that the customer receives an outstanding and memorable experience.
Please note there is a requirement to potentially work away (could include places like Manchester or Birmingham) this will incorporate accommodation, meal allowance and an increment of £30.00 per shift.
* Installing fire doors / remedial works.
* Assess fire doors and distinguish faults and defects.
* Carry out maintenance on all types of fire doors i.e. route and install new seal/ replace old seals, instal/ fix door closing devises, ease and adjust door frames to rectify gaps between the doors and the frames, to install lipping or drop down seals to the bottom of doors to rectify large gaps to the bottom of the doors, change faulty hinges, changed damaged vision panels.
* Carry out repairs to faulty fire doors with the correct tested methods to keep the doors certification.
* Replace fire doors ensuring doors are installed correctly and to manufacturers detail.
Essential Skills and experience required:
* City & Guilds
* Carpentry experience essential
* Tools required (must possess)
* Clean Driver's license and vehicle
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Flexible approach to work and must be a good team player
Both sub-contracted and PAYE contracts are available for the right candidate