Marcus Donald are currently looking to source an Junior Information Security Officer (ISO)
to join a large education organisation. This role is based in central London.Goal
: An effective, organisation wide ISMS operating to ISO27001 aligned policies across all business activities
The organisation recognises information security and data privacy as critical to how they deliver and protect their customers and how they manage risks for the organisation.
In this role, you will work within a team that will aim to establish and maintain the information security management system, ensuring that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, and processes are robustly protected in the digital ecosystem in which we operate.
The information security officer (ISO) role will work closely within a team that will develop a deep understanding of the business in order to define, embed, and govern information security policy and practice aligned within an ISO27001 compliant ISMS and regulatory requirements.Technical Skills Required - Junior Information Security Officer (ISO):
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience working within information security.
- Experience conducting IT risk assessments.
- Familiarity with industry security standards, such as; NIST, Cyber Essentials, ISO27001 and GDPR.
- Knowledge of some or all the following; Infrastructure, networking, servers, end-point devices, storage, Email, SharePoint, software operating systems, applications and web-browsing and security enforcing functions.
- Good communication and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- An agile mindset and approach.
The role will support the ISMS governance across the organisation by:
- Supporting the business to align business practice and processes with our information security policies.
- Working closely with data privacy personnel to support the maintenance of complete and accurate data asset registers and information flows.
- Liaise with IT and the wider business to ensure that information security capabilities are regularly tested including incident handling, penetration testing, threat & vulnerability testing, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Collating the necessary data and maintaining the directed metrics and reports that will measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the ISMS and identify areas of non-compliance.
- Carrying out internal audit actions and compiling reports that will support the assessment of compliance and assure the integrity of the organisations ISMS.
Central London, United KingdomSalary -
£25,000 - £30,000 per annumBenefits -
Good benefits package available
If this position appeals to you, please do not hesitate to contact Ellie Gresley
with any questions or for more details about the organisation and job.