Automated Electronics Test / Development Engineer
Location: Reading, RG30 1EA.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Elite Interfaces Limited based in Reading, are specialists in the design and manufacture of in-circuit and functional test fixtures for a wide range of test and automated board handling platforms. We are the preferred supplier of test fixtures for a large number of leading electronics companies, including contract manufacturers involved in large scale production throughout the world.
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Automated Electronics Test / Development Engineer to join our team.
About the role
Working closely with our customers and the design team you will be responsible for producing circuit diagrams, PCBs, and test specifications and for developing / debugging control software for test solutions, creating all necessary support documentation.
Key tasks / responsibilities
• Maintaining and updating the electrical design of both AFS150 and AFS50X systems.
• Troubleshooting fixtures. The ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of electronics to understand how the circuit is affected on the board under test works.
• Developing software from scratch for functional tests using languages such as VB.NET, C#.NET, or LabView. Test Stand would be beneficial.
• Designing, debugging, and maintaining functional fixtures / test stations.
• Designing and debugging PCBs.
• Providing on-site and remote technical support to customers.
• Liaising with different departments within the company, customers, and suppliers.
• Generating and maintaining documentation: Software user's manuals, electrical and pneumatic schematics, quality docs...
• Helping in the creation of quotes.
• Supervising the manufacturing process of those fixtures and systems.
What we need from you
We are looking for candidates who ideally have software knowledge of VB.Net or C#.NET, LabVIEW, and Test Stand. An understanding of pneumatics and In-Circuit Test (ICT) programming would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided to complete the skill set required for this role.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in Electronics and will have experience of electronic testing and test development, they will also ideally have some previous project management experience. Strong knowledge of Excel and VBA macros is a must for this role.
You must have a positive attitude to working towards safety practices. The role will require occasional travel, both within the UK and abroad, so flexibility is a must for this role as well as a full clean UK driving license. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be PC literate and be a team player. Above all you must possess motivation, enthusiasm and determination to get the job done.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today