Job Description - Senior Operations Lending Manager / Deputy Head of Lending
Responsible for the management and operational performance of the lending operation on a day-to-day basis, driving the optimal balance between quality, risk and operational efficiency. You will support the credit risk function in development and deployment of the underwriting strategies. Ensure regulatory and legislative compliance, maintaining professional communication with individuals and groups, both internally and externally of the organisation.
* Put the customer first by leading a team in the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support
* Provide planning, day-to-day leadership and direction to the team by setting the context, defining accountabilities, tasks and assignments, and establishing/maintaining boundaries for decision-making and approvals
* Identify industry productivity and quality standards, benchmarking Foundation's underwriting teams to the rest of the industry to continually improve the end-to-end customer journey
* Encourage the team to identify new ideas to help our customers, working in collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Manager to get these implemented
* Provide deep knowledge and technical expertise to resolve complex mortgage enquiries and issues (including investigation and resolution) within the companies risk appetite. Support process, product or technical design, and provide consultative services internally or to external customers
* Act as the escalation point for business and technical issues, ensuring the potential problem areas or trends and recommended solutions are further escalated to the Head of Lending, as appropriate
* Define standards, managing risks through monitoring and controls, taking appropriate action to ensure compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in line with our business policies and procedures.
* Provide performance feedback and coaching, and make recommendations to Head of Lending regarding hiring, transfers, recognition/ compensation as appropriate
* Ensure measurable, quantitative team training and development strategies are in place that accelerate the performance of the team and individual through collaborative work with Technical Training Manager - building a high-performance work environment.
* Ensure business procedures/ standards are documented, reviewed regularly and updated as needed
* Develop and deliver an appropriate reporting suite of key performance measures, providing regular reports on team performance to the Head of Lending. Analyse performance trends and communicate results to the team and senior management.
* Align individual performance goals to team and organisational goals.
* Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with internal business partners/ external customers/ stakeholders for the purposes of enhancing team effectiveness
* Relevant business and corporate experience
* Focuses on customer and quality delivery
* Organisation and planning
* Participative and collaborative leadership enabling individual commitment and ownership and responsibility
* Be a role model for our Company values with clear demonstrable behaviour which reflect these daily
* Ethical and compliant behaviour
* Honesty and Integrity
* Experience of working in a regulated financial service environment. Front-end mortgage processing and underwriting experience,
* Senior level mandate holder with experience in underwriting including complex residential and Limited Company BTL, in first charge lending (and ideally second charge lending)
* Proven Leadership capability
* Deep understanding of the Mortgage Market/Commercial and Credit risk awareness. Ability to analyse and interpret data, business requirements, regulatory guidelines
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to negotiate with internal and external providers at all levels
* Continuous improvement mind-set
* Experience in collaborating with key functional areas
* Record of accomplishment of delivering in areas of responsibility
* Experience of working within a complex operation
* Relationship management with external business partners and customer
As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. To receive future job alerts from us, you will be required to provide consent within our marketing preference options. The link will be provided in an email to you. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview