This is a rare opportunity to be the one of the first full-time employees and work directly with the founders at a VC-funded frontier-tech startup.
At Honest AI we are building the next generation search engine for commercial real estate. We are at the intersection of machine learning and real estate. You'll take on engineering challenges and you'll enable data scientists to deploy cutting-edge AI into some of the world's largest organisations, bringing data science breakthroughs to the real world.Responsibilities
- This is a full-stack role with a back-end focus.
- You will be working directly with the two founders, translating user requirements into workable specifications
- Developing and deploying code for the front and back end of our platform
- Working with and potentially managing a small agile development team
- Leading feature development - from specification to production code
- Thinking strategically about how to evolve our products
- Developing APIs and services to form the core of our infrastructure
- Writing code to a high standard/test coverage with a keen understanding of performance impact
- Helping us to grow and build out a world-class engineering team
Requirements Must-have Requirements
- 4+ years of full stack or back-end engineering experience
- Experience with containerised architectures (e.g. docker or k8s)
- Experience building APIs and microservices in Python
- Experience with AWS (or GCP)
- Familiarity with SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Knowledge of best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of version control and Git
- A high bar for writing clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested code
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty, learn new things, and leave things better than you found them.
- Previous early stage startup experience
- Previous experience in PropTech, FinTech, Real estate or Finance
- Experience in managing technical teams
- Big data tools (e.g. Hadoop or Elastic)
- Graph databases (e.g. Neo4j, Amazon Neptune)
- Salary of £50,000 to £70,000*
- Generous equity options
- Computer equipment budget on arrival
- Company pension
- Free Gym membership
- Various employee perks and discounts
- Flexible hours & 2 days WFH per week
- Learning and Development budget
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Be involved in publishing core Honest AI technology
- Learn and implement technologies at the forefront of machine learning research
- The opportunity to shape the future of an exciting VC-backed, early-stage startup
* NB: This a rough guideline for what compensation we expect for this role and will depend on years of experience and split between cash and equity. Covid-19 Impact
Not only we raised our VC funding during the middle of the pandemic but we have also benefited from the crisis, which has made our technology more urgent than ever before.
Fully remote until July 2021 - the earliest - due to COVID-19. Ordinarily based in central London.