£23,000 - £32,000 DOE
Due to expansion our client now seek an experience Import Operator.. This dynamic , fast moving global business would appeal to a confident , hard working individual looking for a career and not just a job
* Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
* Communicate (using email, telephone and internet systems) with overseas agents and clients clearly, precisely and accurately and resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
* Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival.
* Prior to the release/delivery of cargo
* Collect all correct documentation.
* Secure the payment of cleared funds for:
* COD accounts.
* Duty/Vat invoices.
* Process supplier invoices.
* Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets.
* Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments
* Previous forwarding experience
* A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated.
* Understands when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction.
* The ability to complete CFSP/Home Use/IP/OP entries.
* The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
* The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
* The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
* A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned