PPD is a leading global contract research organization
providing comprehensive, integrated drug development
and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical
, medical device
, academic and government
organizations. With offices in 47 countries and more than 27,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health.
PPD are currently recruiting for an Operations Finance Analyst, Financial Control, on permanent basis to join our growing team of analysts. The role is based in our EMEA head office in Cambridge. As a Finance Analyst within the Financial Controls section of this team you will be responsible for ensuring that the financial reporting and recording of revenue and work in progress is accurate as well as providing input into the calculation of these values on a monthly basis.
Project Specific Tasks:
- Monthly Revenue Recognition
- Monthly Work in Progress Reconciliations and resolving any variances
- Revenue Reserve Calculations
- Accrual and provision Calculations
- Journal and Transaction Posting
- Liaising with Internal Stakeholders to ensure that the financial positions of clinical trials are accurate and supportable.
- Involvement in both Internal and External Audit
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualificationPrevious experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years') or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative as appropriate
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral communication) with both financial and non-financial people.
- MS Office skills particularly MS Excel
- Ideally (but not essential) will have a good understanding/knowledge of clinical trials that enables them to contribute to project discussions concerning profitability and performance
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and acumen.
- Studying toward a professional accountancy qualification
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme , ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.