Job Description - Mortgage Underwriting ManagerPurpose of Role:
To ensure effective processing of all mortgage applications, through management and monitoring of the underwriting team.
Ensure regulatory and legislative compliance, maintaining professional communication with individuals and groups, both internally and externally of the organisation.Key Accountabilities:
- Putting the customer first by supporting the execution in the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support
- Lead, manage and motivate teams to ensure SLA's, KPI's and NPS are achieved on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- To deliver effective performance management across team alongside development of our people through motivating and building their skills sets through coaching and training to drive results
- Involvement in complex cases and/or escalated cases which could otherwise led to service complaints to ensure that this are resolved in a timely fashion and communicated appropriately to customers
- Hold an underwriting mandate to support decision making on cases which involve management intervention
- Ensure all work carried out within the department is compliant to all relevant regulations and legislation including TCF, FCA, MCOB and MMR
- Ensure all mortgage applications have been written in accordance with lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles through regular audits and reviews
- To continually evaluate the Company's policies and procedures and ensure your team are adhering to these
- Generate proactive business and process changes to implement more effective or compliant working procedures across the department
- Accurately report weekly MI to Senior Operations Lending Manager, including number of application and cases approved
- Develop and implement business performance measures, providing reports.
- Relevant business and corporate experience
- Focuses on customer and quality delivery
- Influencing others, organisation and planning
- Team working
- Ethical and compliant behaviour
- Be a role model for our Company values with clear demonstrable behaviour which reflect these daily
- Experience of working in a regulated financial services environment, specifically mortgage lending (ideally 2-3 years within a centralised mortgage lender).
- Mortgage processing knowledge and experience
- Proven track record with mortgage underwriting, specifically with intermediary based lenders
- Senior level mandate holder with experience in underwriting complex residential, Buy to Let Individual and Buy to Let Limited Company mortgages
- Deep understanding of the Mortgage Market
- Credit risk awareness
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, business requirements, regulatory guidelines
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to negotiate with internal and external providers at all levels
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience of involvement in managing change
- Accustomed to using own initiative/being proactive
- Negotiation and Influence
- Self-motivated, flexible with drive and enthusiasm
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory responsibilities including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Previous managerial experience required
As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. To receive future job alerts from us, you will be required to provide consent within our marketing preference options. The link will be provided in an email to you. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.