About the opportunity... Grab your basket; there's a lot more in store for you!
We are recruiting for a Store Manager Designate who can deliver against KPIs in a challenging retail environment. For the first 8 - 12 weeks, you will be required to support several stores within the area, and then you will be placed into a base store. You will then lead the store team in delivering excellent store standards and provide amazing service to our customers every day.
You will always be ready to adapt to change, learn new things and motivate your team to mobilise the retail plan. You will be the face of the store and your local community, and despite the many tasks you are responsible for every day, provide an amazing customer experience.
This role comes with the ability to study Retail Manager Level 4 qualification through an apprenticeship. What you'll be doing as a Store Manager Designate...
What you'll need as a Store Manager Designate...
- Travel between stores to provide additional support and cover
- Lead, support and motivate the store team to hit performance targets
- Using your organisational and planning skills to manage the stores' people-related activities, i.e. training, induction, recruitment and people management
- To exceed the profit target for the store by delivering all KPI's/cost lines
- Continually review the performance of KPIs to monitor and manage the performance of the store
- Treating every pound as your own, keeping costs low so we can create amazing value for our customers
- Demonstrate company value of always putting our customers first through consistent service standards and high compliance.
What we offer...
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle or have good public transport links
- Success in leading and managing operational teams
- Experience in delivering sales and inventory targets within a dynamic retail environment
- A proven track record of driving sales and compliance in retail stores
- Experience in leading teams through significant changes and new ways of working
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- A team player who is self-motivated and resilient and deals with challenges with a positive and proactive outlook.
- To be computer literate with experience working with Excel.
- This role comes with the ability to study Retail Manager Level 4 qualification through an apprenticeship
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn uncapped bonus
- An eight-week induction programme
- Continuous Learning and Development opportunities
- Career Progression
- Colleague discount
- Colleague benefits portal including an extensive range of discounts at national and local retailers
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - providing support 24 hours a day.
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland & Dealz, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland & Dealz offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.Sounds like you? apply today!