Reporting to the Payroll Manager the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of PAYE weekly and monthly payrolls, along with CIS payments. This includes the preparation of Year End.Job Details - Day to Day responsibilities
To prepare and process weekly and monthly payroll
To prepare and process weekly CIS and Umbrella payments
Chasing timesheets and payment information
Methodical approach for processing timesheets.
Process all aspects of the payroll, including HMRC starter checklists and P45s
Checking payroll reports to ensure accurate payments
Statutory Payments - SMP, SSP, SPP, ShPP, SAP
Attachment of Earnings/ Court Orders/ CSA
Processing holiday pay
Maintaining and updating records, including starters, leavers, rate changes and bank details
Key Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Provide efficient, accurate and timely administrative support
- Ensure the Company is compliant with current legislation/requirements.
- Answer payment related queries, PAYE and CIS.
- Assist with month-end and year-end reports.
- Assist with Pension administration
- Producing weekly and monthly reports for Finance, Excel knowledge essential.
- Reconciling HMRC liabilities/payments, including apprenticeship levy
- Payroll filing
- Experience with PAYE and CIS
- Knowledge of UK PAYE legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel (Vlookups and Pivot tables)
- Ability to calculate manual tax, NI and Pension
- Understanding of Auto Enrolment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowing the importance of confidentiality
- Confident to deal with pay queries and liaise with third parties
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of excel - Pivot tables and lookups
- Knowledge of Select Pay and Dimensions
- Experience with Umbrella payments
- Knowledge of The Working Rule Agreement for the Construction Industry