Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine's core product, Vault, is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was ranked as the most desirable London fintech to work at by Sifted when comparing employee reviews on Glassdoor and named in Fintech 50 (2020). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Operating at a comprehensive technical level to validate issues received from clients, perform initial diagnostics and engage our engineering support team to resolve incidents within the agreed service levels. Cloud Analysts will also assist clients during the full lifecycle of the product from install to production. Cloud Analysts will manage client communications 24x7 to proactively engage clients on identified incidents along with responding to client issues and ensuring a speedy resolution.
The Cloud Analyst team will operate a multi-region 24x7 shift pattern, interacting with Clients, Service Managers, Delivery Teams and Engineers, performing the crucial task of ongoing client support and maintenance.Duties
- Be part of a multi-region Cloud Analyst shift pattern to ensure global 24x7 client coverage.
- Validate core infrastructure, platform and banking layer issues.
- Progress incidents with engineering in line with agreed service levels.
- Managing tickets to ensure clients are updated on progress, timeframes and resolution plans.
- Assist clients with installing and configuring the product following best practises.
- Analyse internal and client observability tools providing proactive alerting and associated dashboards.
- Technically review provided logs and initial diagnosis of issues.
- Collaborate with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and associated roadmap.
- Understand, investigate and resolve client technical queries.
- Work with Service Managers to conduct root cause analysis on technical issues
- Providing technology support into financial institutions, or enterprise firms.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience analysing monitoring tools, generated logs and associated dashboards.
- Able to create utilities to analyse log dumps.
- Desire and ability to learn and work with engineers to resolve issues and evolve the technical aspects of Vault.
- Linux experience.
- System administration experience.
- Experience writing software with the following tech stack: Kubernetes, Docker, Go, Python, EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana), Prometheus, Grafana, AWS, Google Cloud and or other Cloud Technologies.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced software development environment.
- In client-facing support, integration, implementation engineering or solution architecture roles, in B2B software product companies.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan (match up to 7%)
- Life Insurance- 3 times annual salary
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave
- Shared parental leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private health insurance with Bupa for you and your family
- Health cash plan (including dental & optical)
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to exceptional learning materials and courses
- Onsite gym, membership subsidised by Thought Machine
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge range of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.