Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis to help support the growth of this UK market leading business. We offer a competitive salary and up to 30% bonus (based on company performance).
In the past 12 years we have become the UK's biggest online gold and silver bullion business with sales of over £200m a year. We are the parent company behind the TV brand BullionByPost, the UK's No.1 online bullion dealer, and GOLD.co.uk, the UK's second largest physical gold retailer.
With an established presence in France, Italy, Greece and Spain, we are well on our way to becoming Europe's leading bullion company.
In addition, we own The Fine Jewellery Company and The Jewellers, who offer one of the widest ranges of gifting jewellery online.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will play an essential part in the Finance Team. You will be responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledgers and basic bookkeeping. The ideal candidate will be very self-motivated, driven and have a keen interest to further their career in accounting with 2/3 years' experience in a similar role
· Competitive basic salary + up to 30% annual bonus (dependent on company performance)
· 25 days of holidays + 8 days Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy 5 extra days per year
· Cycle to work scheme (worth up to 5% of basic salary)
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Pension scheme
· Purchase ledger invoice processing
· Supplier statement reconciliation
· Supplier payments processing
· Accounts receivable for client funds
· Liaise closely with customer service team to resolve customer account queries
· Administration of client orders and accounts
· Preparation of daily and monthly control reconciliations
· Monitor client accounts/open orders for late payment
· Bank and cash reconciliations
· Support the wider business and finance team as required
· Ad hoc finance work
Experience and Technical skills
- Experience with Sage 50 is desirable, but not essential
- Relevant experience in a similar role (2 years)
- A keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including a good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a highly organised approach
You will be very organised, self-motivated, and will thrive working on a diverse range of tasks. You will quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the wider business operations and key drivers behind the financial performance.