Our client is looking for a 2nd Line Engineer to help support and maintain their existing managed IT Support client base. This is a fantastic company to work for and you will play an important role in this small business. They value their employees and are dedicated to investing in ongoing training and development.
* You will join the front line of our client's service desk to help support and maintain their existing managed IT Support client base.
* A broad skill set is required for this role as you will be joining the escalation point for the service desk. It would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite if you have Azure platform and service skills.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
* 5+ years previous experience held in an MSP environment.
* Ability to support and resolve Microsoft Server operating systems and technologies.
* Ability to support and resolve Microsoft AD, DNS and Remote Desktop Services
* Ability to support and resolve all network related technologies and equipment.
* Ability to support and resolve client application, connectivity, and hardware-based incidents.
* Ability to support and resolve Azure and Microsoft 365
* Exposure to Hyper-V and vSphere virtualization technologies
* Exposure to backup and DR technologies
* Strong customer service skills, written and orally.
* Confident and driven personality
* Eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Have own transport and driving license
* Hungry for learning and developing your skill set
* Analytical thinking towards identifying, recommending, and introducing process improvements.
* Experience in adoption of new technologies though research to deployment of a solution.
* Good at documentation & keeping detailed notes to provide technical documentation.
* You need to be self sufficient to manage and prioritise your queue.
* You need to be a team player with a good sense of humour.
* Continuous development program
* Competitive salary
* Fast-paced environment
* Friendly work environment
* Social events
* £25k - £30k (depending on experience)