Location: Stansted, Essex
Employer: AEM Limited
Description: AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500.
AEM Limited has been Europe's leading independent overhaul and repair facility for more than 60 years. The company has a solid reputation in the aerospace industry for providing a broad range of services to international and regional airlines, helicopter operators and airframe manufacturers. Conducting business from three sites in the United Kingdom, AEM offers specialist services for in excess of 5,000 components over a variety of aircraft systems with capabilities covering aircraft windings, electrical power, hydraulic components, landing gear and safety equipment.
In 2007 AEM Limited was acquired by AMETEK Inc, as a unit within AMETEK MRO's Aerospace and Defense Division, a recognized global provider of third-party MRO services to commercial, regional and general aviation customers as well as military, helicopter and business jet markets.
AEM Limited is a performance driven company. We have an immediate full-time vacancy for a Management Accountant within our Finance department based at Stansted. This is a permanent position and reports to the Director of Finance. The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team of finance professionals to ensure that the management accounts are maintained within the agreed AEM and Muirhead Aerospace targets.
If you are interested in joining our Company, we would love to hear from you.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
* Preparation of Gross Profit Reports
* Monthly Journals
* Profit & Loss analysis
* Month end period end changeover process
* Preparation of Financial KPI's
* Month end, Quarterly, and Annual reports
* Preparation of management accounts pack (including HFM input & output)
* Monthly VAT returns and department of trade statistical returns
* Monthly update of fixed assets registers in US and UK Gaap
* Preparation of working capital information
* Reconciliation and analysis of nominal ledger
* Preparation of monthly accruals and pre-payments
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of year end stats and tax packs
* Processing employee expenses
* Tax Calculations (International and POA's)
* Intercompany reconciliations and recharges
* As an effective leader, encourage teamwork through open and honest communication with staff, setting targets and giving feedback progressively
* Liaison with external auditors
* Compliant to Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Qualifications & Competencies:
AAT in full
Part-qualified in either CIMA or ACCA or qualified by experience
Highly proficient in micro soft package & applications, including excel
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build close-knit relationships with outside agencies.
Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and excellent attention to detail.
Innovative and enthusiastic
Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi-task.
Strong communicator (written and verbal)
Creative and outgoing
Well organised and self-motivated
* Experienced in working within a finance department
* General understanding of business administration practice
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Previous Team Management experience (desirable)
Working Hours: 37.5 -hour week; Monday - Thursday 08.30 - 16.45; Friday 08.30 - 15.30.
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience.
Contract type: Permanent
Commencement Date: Immediate