Apple Recruitment are looking for Metering Electricians on behalf of their client based in Newry / Armagh.
The role is structured in such a way that you would mainly be working as a single operative but there are occasions when you will be needed to work as part of a team. The expectation is that you would carry out a broad range of metering work as follows:
* Changing meters within commercial/business properties as part of our meter recertification programme.
* Metering installation and changes within other key metering functions as required.
* Diagnosing and Resolving routine metering faults.
* Participation on a standby rota when required
Applicants should note that work content will vary on a daily basis depending on business need.
It is essential that you can demonstrate that you meet the following:
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, at least 17th Edition wiring regulations although 18th edition would be preferable. (NIE will train you up to 18th Edition)
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of commercial metering work.
* Ability to work unsupervised.
* Demonstrate excellent decision making skills and the ability to anticipate and work around problems to achieve required outcomes.
* Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills
* Demonstrate basic IT skills and competence.
* A positive attitude to the job with a willingness to regard customer service as a key value
* Flexibility in respect of working across Northern Ireland as and when required and also have a flexible approach to working hours.
* A commitment and ability to train for additional skills in line with business needs
* Possess a current driving licence.
Ideally you should also be able to demonstrate the following:
* Experience of working with customers to arrange appointments or supply outages.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes.
The remuneration package for this position is on a unit based structure as follows:
* Installation of Keypad meter - £11.20 per unit
* Installation of Credit meter - £9.30 per unit
* Installation of Tele-meter - £15.00 per unit(Electricians are required to target all types of meters in broadly equal numbers)
* Attending a team brief - £40
* Restocking van - £25
* Sickness pay - Statutory sick pay
* Holiday pay - £100 per full day (and pro-rata).
* Installs bonus - £1 per meter (irrespective of type) once trigger of 60 meters is reached
* All successful applicants will be required to undergo a period of training on appointment. This training lasts for six weeks and attracts a payment of £100 per day. The training consists of a mix of class room and onsite activities.
* Minimum duration of role: 14 months
If you wish to apply or would like more information, please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Simone by clicking on the link below
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer