About The Role
A technical background is required for this role as it is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain management experience of a small team, processes/procedures and service responsibility/accountability while still maintaining a technical element.
Managing the resource allocation for the network team within CBS. This aspect of the role involves a very logical approach to ensure the team members are allocated to the various projects to meet demand ensuring the correct skillsets are utilised where appropriate. This involves a level of planning and forecasting to ensure the resource pool is right for the level of work in hand. Communication and a level of technical network understanding are key aspects of this role to enable negotiations with Project Managers around requirements to deliver the change portfolio.
Taking our network monitoring and reporting to another level, working with the application owners to get the most out of the toolset to enable proactive monitoring and provide early warning around capacity and performance. Being able to understand the network flow in steady state and therefore if changes are seen understanding likely cause.
Ownership of the Asset Lifecycle Roadmap to ensure we track and manage our aging estate. This involves gathering the asset details from various reporting platforms, logging into devices and consulting our CMDB. Forecasting device refreshes for the society across various technology platforms and working within associated cost/budget requirements. Liaising with managed service partners and 3rd parties to obtain the right kit at the right price.
You'll also hold people management responsibility for CBS employees and 3rd Party contractors.
Essential skills and Knowledge:
• Coaching and people management of a Technical Engineering team
• Network monitoring and management.
• Stakeholder engagement.
• Resource planning and forecasting.
• All aspects of Network Reporting, growing the capability and ability for the reporting to identify issues.
• Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
• Own and manage the CBS Asset Lifecycle
• ITIL based service management framework
• ITSM toolsets
• Systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
• Logical approach
• Strong excel skills
Background knowledge of;
• Cisco Networking
• WAN/LAN Design, Management & Support
• Unified Communications Design, Management & Support
• Contact Centre Service Design, Management & Support
• Firewall Design, Management & Support
Internally this role is known as Senior Technical Specialist - IT Service.
About The Company
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We have a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you are happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.