We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join our team. This role is remote/home working. You will be working on a full-time, fixed term basis up to 18 months which will be reviewed based on project progression. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of £45,000 per annum.
Our client is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. They are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything they do. As part of their education strategy, they are expanding their Education Management Team.
About the role:
Our client have established a new role of a Web Developer working with senior developers to further develop front end web applications using React. We are looking for a highly successful and proven Web Developer to help deliver new React web applications systems which will help deliver the technology Strategy. The role will include designing innovative business processes based on business strategy and change requests and translating them into final web application products.
Key responsibilities of our Web Developer:
- Lead the front-end development of the clients virtual campus web application using React
- Responsible for developing mentor, parent and student facing portals to allow high volume updates to Dynamics 365
- Design and implement single function and cross-functional change projects including:
- Design innovative new processes based on business needs
- During the project life cycle: determine appropriate implementation dates, produce migration plans, review test results and gain sign off
- Design, script and run web application testing
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with suppliers to ensure that business needs are well-documented and understood and that web / database issues and solutions are communicated to the project team
- Manages and sees through complex technical change in alignment with Technology strategy and exhibits an enterprise vision for integrating into other aspects of Technology as well as building consistent and reusable architectures
- Evaluates and reports on new web technologies to enhance capabilities of company websites. Delivers highly detailed and technical documentation and diagrams to support enterprise management and security compliance
What we are looking for in our Web Developer:
- Solid React development experience gained working with web applications through full application development lifecycle
- Ability to think logically, has a demonstrated track record of researching and investigating issues and problem-solving. This will include analysing problems; identify solution criteria and producing a range of options to solve issues and implementing the best fit solution
- Confident attitude to using initiative and taking responsibility, including decision making, project management and day-to-day responsibility for all development work carried out within the web team by permanent or contract developers
- Experience of Azure Kubernetes and Elastic stack would be an advantage
In return as our Web Developer, we offer excellent benefits including:
- A Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Employee Discount Programme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Please click 'apply' today to join as our Web Developer and be a key part of its growth as we change the face of education worldwide - we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school.
Contract length: 18 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 per year