ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world's leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles
* High precision machine shop working on prototype and production components
* Using mills and lathes, both CNC and manual to very high standards from engineering drawings.
* Some assembly, fitting and build work on and off site on the companies manufactured products. T
* Manufacture products from drawing to completed product.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
* Good knowledge of engineering drawings, geometric tolerances
* Able to communicate effectively with design engineering staff and integrate with incumbent toolmakers
* Time served apprenticeship or City and Guilds 228 Craftmanship / ONC / HNC Mechanical engineering.
* Minimum 10 years precision engineering experience
* Experience with Protrak and Hurco programming language an advantage.
* Experience with other machinery including surface grinders, cylindrical grinders, MIG and TIG welding also advantageous.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Problem solve and produce components to drawing.
* Work as part of a team.
* Engage and communicate with design engineers.
We're an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation