Job Title: Functional Skills Maths and English Tutor
Working areas- Sheffield, Wakefield and Leeds
Purpose of job:
To plan, prepare, and teach learners Employability and Functional Skills Maths and English whilst coaching and developing them through a suitable learning programme that will enhance their further education and/or career prospects.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Plan and deliver session's including PSD/Employability and Functional Skills Math and English
• To prepare and review session plans, schemes of work and teaching and learning materials using initial assessments and marked work to take into account the learners individual needs
• Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training, progress and achievement including; completion of contractual paperwork such as attendance registers and reviews
• To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions that engage with learners and meet their individual learning needs.
• Provide rigorous assessment and effective feedback to learners via robust marking of learners work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners needs to do to improve.
• Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages with learners at all levels.
• Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment
• To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body requirements are adhered at all times.
• Provide on-going information, advice and guidance
• Embed safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety into the learners programme
• Provide support and guidance to learners as well as providing more specific support for additional learning needs and additional social needs
• Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training's policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
• Committed to continuous improvement - personal and organisational
• Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
• Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
• Adhere to Portland Training's policies and procedures at all times
• May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours
• Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
• Hold a recognised teaching qualification DTTLS/Cert Ed or equivalent
• GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
• Experience of roll on roll off delivery
• The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
• An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
• Ability to motivate self and learners
• Ability to prioritise workloads
• Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
• Contribute and work well as part of a team
• Some supervisory experience is desirable
Please email your CV to email@example.com and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.