NEBOSH Director/ NEBOSH Partner/ EHSB Director/Head Of Environment Health & Safety
Environment Health & Safety Business Partner
MPI have a requirement for an NEBOSH Environment, Health & Safety Business Partner to be based on site in Gosport, Hampshire.
This is a permanent role.
28 days holiday
Approx. 37 hours per week. (Will be required to work the hours that are necessary to do the job)
The role is based at Fleetlands, Gosport, some occasional business travel would be required to Farnborough. Only in very exceptional circumstances i.e. to provide cover for special projects would travel to Almondbank,Scotland be required.
The EH&S Business Partner role is responsible to the Head of Compliance, for the efficient and effective management of the Environmental, Health and Safety, (EH&S) Management systems within the respective Business Unit (BU). (Note EH&S includes fire safety)
Education and Training:
* Health and Safety NEBOSH qualification to Certificate or Diploma level, with a clear track record of reducing accidents and incidents.
* Environmental NEBOSH qualification to Certificate or Diploma Level, with demonstrable evidence of delivering Significant environmental management improvement projects.
* Fire Safety NEBOSH qualification to Certificate or Diploma Level and on task evidence of Applying knowledge.
* Lead Auditor trained and a comprehensive track record in successful delivery.
* Formal Safety Risk Management Certified Training and demonstrable evidence of active risk management that with proven results.
* Preferable but not essential - knowledge of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul processes.
* Experience of operating within an engineering environment
* Good interpersonal skills, IT skills, good overall business knowledge. Able to deliver results vital to business success whilst being fully supportive to other team members
* Previous experience in providing leadership on EH&S matters across varied client groups.
* Evidence of establishing a presence within a matrix environment that delivers high performance groups.
* Able to engage and lead cross-functional virtual teams to deliver business critical change.
* Demonstrable ability to influence decision making process across all levels.
To provide leadership and guidance to the respective BUs to ensure they remain compliant with the latest EH&S legislation and be the accountable person at BU level.
To develop, manage, review and revise all EH&S procedures and policies to ensure best practice and regulatory compliance. Take responsibility for upskilling the relevant regulatory knowledge for Associates within the designated BU.
To manage and maintain relevant EH&S ISO approvals and pro-actively liaise with 3rd party auditors, regulatory authorities, and legal bodies on EH&S matters.
To provide statistical analysis on accidents, near misses, and the effectiveness of the EH&S system, to identify and manage corrective actions through to implementation, and to report the status through the various EH&S meetings.
To develop, deliver and maintain a risk based audit program to give assurance that all statutory and regulatory EH&S requirements are being met, and to manage any associated non-conformance/non-compliance reports through to closure.
To develop, maintain and implement a BU environmental workplace survey plan, e.g. lighting, temperature, humidity conditions, etc., and develop and maintain a programme of continuous assessment and improvement within the designated BU.
To develop and maintain an EH&S Continual Improvement plan for the respective BU, and provide leadership to drive improvement plans.
To provide leadership as the accountable EH&S Business Partner to the BU in ensuring the EH&S policy and objectives are communicated, understood by all personnel, implemented and adhered to.
To ensure that all EH&S objectives and targets are being met and to provide leadership to ensure that relevant actions are being taken by the BU to address deficiencies.
To liaise with the Environment Agency on matters relating to EA IPPC and LA PPC permits.
To identify, prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety and other EH&S relevant topics.
To carryout and review COSHH, PUWER,PPE, DSE, DSEAR, and Safety Risk Assessments, and to ensure effective mitigation actions are identified and implemented in a timely manner.
To investigate accidents, establish root causes, identify corrective actions, and produce reports for internal use and external use in the event of any legal action.
To adhere to the Company Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals. Take responsibility for recommending timely updates to ensure compliance with emerging legislation.
To manage and maintain a Continued Professional Development plan to ensure personally remaining competent and up to date with regulatory changes.
To identify changes in regulations, produce a detailed gap analysis and impact statement, and provide leadership to the BU to ensure relevant processes, procedures, and risk assessments, are created or updated to address changes.
To bring to the attention of the Managing Director, the relevant BU Director and the Head of Compliance, any situation that could expose employees, customers, suppliers, or members of the public, to risk of harm and actively lead the BU team in identifying solutions and offering subject matter expertise where relevant.
To bring to the attention of the Managing Director, the relevant BU Director, and the Head of Compliance, any situation that could harm the environment, or expose the company to EH&S related financial risks and actively lead the BU team in identifying solutions and offering subject matter expertise where relevant.
To manage waste transfers and associated reporting.
To ensure all Company EH&S corporate reporting requirements are met and action plans are in place to address deficiencies, and to provide leadership to the BU to drive actions to closure.
Pension - Defined Contribution - Contributions - Employee 4% / Employer 4%
Individual Company sick pay after 3 months increasing with service
If selected for this role you will be required to apply for a DBS background criminal check (do not apply unless requested to do so) along with completed BPSS security Clearance