Our NHS client have asked us to support them in their search for an Interim Head of Capital Accounts (Band 8a).
Job role: Head of Capital Accounts
Location: Harlow, Essex
Job Type: Interim (expected to be until September 2021)
Pay rate: £24.00 per hour PAYE OR £27.00 per hour PAYE (holiday inclusive) OR £31.00 per hour Umbrella
* To manage the effective provision of the financial & capital accounting for the Trust.
* Day to day management of the capital programme and fixed asset base, and maintenance of the fixed asset register
* The production of performance monitoring information such as Board reporting, statutory accounts and external return.
* To provide advice on capitalisation of expenditure and be current in latest capital regulation
* Provide management support and leadership to the capital team, hospital and Trust staff on capital related matters.
* To produce the month-end capital performance reports covering actual capital expenditure against plan with associated scheme by scheme reports. Investigate variances from plan and ensure that action on changes required is taken.
* Ensure that all reporting internally and externally is produced in a timely and professional manner, including support for completion of NHSI and other regulatory returns as required.
* Report on capital and financial issues at relevant meetings such as ICT and Estates Capital working groups.
* Ensure all Capital projects are managed and reported against in a timely manner.
* Ensure budget management processes and accountabilities are clear and appropriately documented. In particular, to adhere, to budget virement policy and journal policies and limit the amount of necessary transactions.
* Develop and implement, where appropriate, new improved methods of reporting to ensure budgeting and reporting meets sector best practices standards.
* Act as a Finance business partner for all Capital projects - attending meetings, becoming a subject matter expert on Capital spend.
* To lead on aspects of meetings with Trust managers/ Executive Directors and/or external organisations, providing expert financial advice on capital matters and support as required.
* To provide high quality leadership for the capital management operations of the Trust.
* To implement relevant audit recommendations and ensure that fraud systems are in place to reduce the risk of fraud.
* Support the annual planning process as regards the capital investment programme, and work with Trust officers in developing the Trust's annual capital plan in accordance with internal timetables and NHSI.
* Prepare and maintain a rolling five year capital and equipment replacement programme