We are currently looking for a number of Java Developers at varying levels of seniority to join a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects, within one of their Banking teams. One of the roles is focused not only on development, but also on application support. Your role will be to contribute to the global consistency of a number of enterprise applications.
Working in an Agile environment, the successful Java Developers will participate in back-end components development, re-engineering and support to provide effective technical solutions. You will be involved in code review, automated test developments and backing up with code and functionality documentation. Core technologies include Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, SQL and many more. In addition, you will be contributing to the delivery of new functionalities, regulatory requirements, automation and optimization initiatives as well as CI/CD processes.
Essential experience required:
* Proficiency of Java is essential
* Given the drive for automation and requirement for high quality and reliability, a background in development with experience in DevOps pipelines in an agile environment would be a distinct advantage
* Strong experience with Spring / Maven / Git / Artifactory / SonarQube
* Knowledge of infrastructure, networking, security best practices and automation
* Experience with technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker and cloud providers AWS/Azure/GCP is beneficial
* Experience in performance monitoring and tuning, both at the Java Virtual Machine level and application level - e.g. building reactive data analytics pipelines leveraging historical and live/streaming metrics: Elastic Search, Kafka
Ideally you will have some experience of working within a bank. Experience of working within a dual Developer/Application Support role would be highly advantageous but not essential for all of the roles. This role could a graduate with 2-3 years' experience, or a mid-senior level Java Developer