A Garment Presser is needed to join a luxury fabric supplier, providing affordable and professional garment manufacture to businesses at a competitive price. They deliver high quality solutions to businesses of all sizes on an international level. They are looking for someone to join their expanding team.
* Many machines are computer controlled.
* The presser may also be responsible for adjusting the temperature or speed of the machine to suit the fabric being used.
* Hand pressing, using steam irons and vacuum pressers, can be used for delicate or intricate items, awkward features and hems.
* Overtime may be available at busy times such as at the end of large production runs.
* Based in a separate pressing room within the factory.
* Clothing pressers use steam pressing machines and irons to remove the wrinkles from and re-shape items of clothing.
* Pressing is required at many different stages of the production process.
* 'Underpressing' is carried out using steam pressing machines during production.
* Once the garment has been put together, pressing is again required to shape and smooth the design.
* For this final pressing, different machines are used depending on the type of garment, the fabric used and the overall finish required.
* 1 years' experience in a similar role.
* Knowledge of fabric pressing.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis