Please note that this role is working 3 Days a week, 08.00 - 17.00, with occasional travel to 4 UK sites and Customers.
Here at Becketts Foods this role is an exciting opportunity for someone with culinary flair and creativity for developing new ideas. This role's purpose is to support the delivery of the future growth of the CPC group commercial plan via developing future products of our business.
This role is responsible for the co-ordination of our group innovation ideation and development plans, with a focus on delivering innovation which meets our customer needs.
We are looking for someone who is a culinary creative, with a love of all things Meat and beyond. We are keen this person has the drive and challenge to create new products and idea generation seeing them through from Kitchen to shop floor. Using their good understanding of key trends to tap into the future trends. This person must be keen to take a customer first approach to their work. This individual must be self-motivated to deliver the best each time, demonstrating initiative and ownership.
Working as part of a cross-functional team is required, so someone who is able to work as part of wider team collaboratively will be key. This person will need to be flexible and adaptable to change.
Ideally you will be used to working across different categories, it would be perfect if you had experience of Meat but we appreciate that we may not be lucky enough to identify somebody that does. If you are experienced in Plant based innovation and looking for different challenges or simply looking to move away from Restaurants then this role could be of interest to you. You must have an engaging personality and be happy to travel across five sites across the UK occasionally/Customer visits.
* Using their culinary creativity and food innovation talents to develop new ideas and products for our sites, taking a blue sky approach.
* Working as key member of the overall group customer development team. This person will own the New development innovation & insight plan from the kitchen, as defined by the group commercial plan.
* This role encompasses being the group innovation and insight lead, working 12-24th months ahead. This role may encompass, supporting the board with strategic innovation projects, as well as supporting sites/commercial team to deliver key projects.
* Develop award winning NPD for all our sites, which is recognised by CPC customers.
* Leading and sharing innovation work streams with key category partners (internal and external).
* One of the key outputs is on a Quarterly basis run innovation workshops with the account managers/site NPD teams to show case your blue sky new ideas, gain feedback which could become product ideas in the future.
* Particular focus on creating WOW menus/dishes for our foodservice and manufacturing partners, to help then inspire future menus.
* Part of this role will require insight and research into new innovations, to evaluate key projects. Along with regular reporting to the wider team on key insights/food trends.
* As part of this process, a key remit of the role is to ensure that internal development protocols are following to take the products from Kitchen to production ready.
* Communication and visibility to all is key, ensuring all projects are delivered within key dates and timelines agreed.
* There may be occasions when this is a customer-facing role and the job holder is expected to support presentations and customer visits as and when required.
* Identifying and evaluating food trends in conjunction with the category, commercial and development to support business growth
Skills or Experience required
* 5 years with a chef background or 2 years working in food manufacturing (preferably in protein)
* A natural flair & passion for all things Foodie and key food trends, able to sniff out the insight for the next thing and apply the so what? To our categories.
* Able to demonstrate core cooking skills. Must be able to create recipes/ideation from scratch.
* Be able to present & communicate new ideas to both internal and external colleagues
* Level 3 or above in food safety.
* Be a team player and have a flexible approach to work.
* Competent with all major Microsoft software packages.
* Organisational & project management skills to assist with critical path deadlines & project priorities