We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. If you enjoy working in a vibrant organisation which embraces data science and are truly customer-focussed but want something different than the usual Banking environment, then this is an opportunity for you. Our client is a fintech consumer lender who are well established (over 6 years old and already lent £200m+) and heading for huge growth over the coming years following significant investment. They have big plans to disrupt and become the dominant force in UK consumer credit using a data-led approach to everything they do.
As the Legal Counsel, you will report to the Group Legal Officer for the business and have a varied workload with input on all aspects of the business: corporate / commercial contracts, data, employment etc. There will never be a dull moment!
In particular you will be:
* Reviewing and drafting contracts, including general commercial contracts, partnership / broker and tech contracts
* Dealing with corporate governance and some regulatory matters
* Handling some company secretarial matters
* Providing advice on data privacy matters
* Helping to manage relationships with external counsel with a view to efficiency and cost
* Helping to develop processes for the legal function (including for contract and supplier management) to ensure it can support the growth and scale of the business and provide a market-leading in-house legal service
While you will be a key member of the Legal team, you will work closely with the founders, the senior leadership team members and many other members of the team.
Required skills and experience:
* A solid foundation in corporate and commercial law (including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts), GDPR compliance and data security
* 2 years+ PQE working in a leading law firm or equivalent in-house experience
* To be able to demonstrate excellent technical expertise and communication skills
* To be able to work autonomously as well as effectively with colleagues in various other areas of the company
* To be motivated, energetic, organised, articulate, willing to take responsibility and capable of picking up a wide variety of matters
* Any experience of working with FCA regulated businesses, particularly in the retail finance/consumer lending sector would be of benefit (but not a prerequisite)
* Experience working in-house would also be of benefit (but not a prerequisite)
This is a great opportunity to join a customer focussed lender who are about to embark on an ambitious growth strategy and who put people at the heart of their business