Interim Property Accountant
3 - 6 month contract
About the client
On behalf of our client, a well-known private sector property management business, MRG are currently seeking an Interim Property Accountant to take on a short term contract, supporting their small residential accounting team during a busy period.
About the job
Day to Day Property Accounting
* Manage of all financial matters affecting the properties.
* Produce month end management accounts, including VAT, bank and control account reconciliations
* All balances understood monthly, specifically the rent, service charge and direct recovery funds
* Prepare quarterly cash reconciliations
* Cashflow management for each property to ensure suppliers can be paid
* Raise income demands in accordance with internal timetables
* Actively seek improvements to the procedures within the department.
* Issues resolved or escalated on a timely basis
* Provide ad hoc reports and help set up new sites as required
* Work with the Property Accounting team and wider finance team, to achieve departmental targets and deadlines Supporting the Surveying and Site teams
* Produce the year end accounts and manage audit to ensure service charge packs are issued on time
* Support the site teams and surveyors providing financial guidance including quarterly service charge reviews, mid-year forecasts and ad- hoc queries.
* Provide financial support to new initiatives and commercial projects
* Assist with the production of the annual service charge budgets in accordance with RICS guidelines.
* Assist with any retailer queries.
* Support with ad-hoc reports as required.
* Property Accounting experience, including RICS service charge
* Ability to communicate confidently with accountants and non-accountants.
* Comfortable taking on responsibility, whilst being effective working collaboratively.
* Quick learner, with strong problem solving skills.
* Excellent IT skills- Excel and Word and ideally Qube or similar
* Ideally part qualified or studying Accountant
What you will get in return
In return, you will be offered a competitive daily rate and an opportunity to work on an exciting portfolio of properties.
The interim search campaign is live from 2nd June 2021 and applications are welcomed until a successful candidate is appointed. An immediate start following one round of virtual interviewing.
What to do next
For more information, please get in touch. You can submit a copy of your CV and a supporting statement today.
Equality & Diversity Statement
The Management Recruitment Group shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate's merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy