Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator arranging transformative active travel experiences for independently minded people interested in the world around them.
We employ over 50 adventurous, fun, personal, active people who give a sh*t, across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose: To connect people and make a positive impact on the planet through adventure travel.
We are on a mission is to be the World's leading active travel company, be a great place to work, deliver outstanding customer experiences, make an impact and be profitable.
We are currently searching for a Finance Assistant
to join us and our accounts team in building the world's leading adventure travel company. Reporting to the Financial Controller, and working alongside the other talented members of the Macs Finance team you will ensure finance operations and communications with our suppliers, customers and team are outstanding. You will do this by contributing to the team activities across accounts payable, accounts receivable and finance administration.
The Finance team is split between our 3 international locations but works closely together on a daily basis. The team are focused on accurately and efficiently completing all aspects of the operational side of finance to provide effective reports to the management team. They are always looking for ways to improve our processes to make the customer and supplier journey as smooth as possible.
Internally the finance team works closely with the operations (reservations), product, sales and marketing teams. Key external relationships include our direct customers, suppliers, tour operators and travel agency customers.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious, digital first, fast-growing international business and make a positive impact on people and planet. As a member of the finance team you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, support others and have a meaningful impact on our success. Your strengths will centre around your ability to thrive in a dynamic environment that demands a resilient pro-active problem solving approach.Your roles and responsibilities will include:
Essential Skills, Experience and Behaviours:
- Accounts payable
- Loading supplier payments into the finance system
- Updating the finance system with new sales invoices
- Managing the finance email inboxes and supplier communications
- Answering finance queries by telephone and email
- Assisting with the preparation of payment runs
- Sending supplier remittances
- Updating supplier details in the accounting system
- Supporting the sales team with direct customer payments, refunds and queries
- Accounts receivable for tour operator and travel agent accounts
- Working with the sales and operations to improve customer and supplier experience
- General finance and administration tasks to support finance operations.
- Advanced Excel Skills and experience of working with excel in a professional environment.
- Strong attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Time management skills: Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills: Proven problem solving skills
- Self-starter who will take the initiative
- Growth and learning mindset
- An energetic, friendly, team player with a positive attitude
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure competing objectives are met.
- A hands on individual willing to go the extra mile
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you're at it. We want our staff to be adventurous, active, take it personally, have fun and give a sh*t. (If those don't resonate, we are probably not for you).
If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced environment, where you are learning everyday (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.Some of the things you can expect when you join our team:
Some of the things we expect from you:
- Competitive salary package (£18 - 21,000 depending on experience)
- Initially 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 6 years.
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Optional enhanced maternity pay.
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips.
- A flexible, remote first work culture. Choose from either Office (Glasgow), Home or Co-Working Mix.
- Regular team meetings.
- An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture.
- Regular learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives and the planet.
- AAT qualification (or other recognised finance or accounting qualification)
- At least 1 year experience in a finance role including administration, accounts payable and accounts receivable (or a relevant finance/accounting training)
- Creative problem solving and strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A hands on individual willing to go the extra mile
Does this sound like your dream job? Magic! Please review the detailed job description here and then send your CV and an awesome cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect match for this role.
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure.