Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance & Infrastructure for this Community Charity based in Sussex.
Salary: to 60,000pa
Full Time: 5 days a week.
Working week: Home working, with at least 2 days a week in the offices in Sussex
Staff Management: 2 in Finance, 1 Facilities Manager, 1 IT Manager Essential qualifications & experience:
- Qualified accountant (CIPFA/CIMA/FCA/ACA/ACCA) or DChA (Diploma in Charity Accounting) with at least 5 years' experience.
- Wide and extensive experience of budget management/financial management, preferably in both charitable and commercial settings.
- Experience of managing people, delegating duties and checking accuracy of work.
- Experience of operating as an effective member of a senior management and corporate decision-making team.
- You will be responsible for providing expert strategic financial direction across the organisation and for exercising effective leadership of a finance & infrastructure team.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of internal (management) and external (statutory) financial reporting, including regular reporting to the Board and management of the relationship with the external auditors.
- Occasional weekend working will be required by the post holder including board meetings which are generally held on Saturday mornings.
- To take the lead on the charity's risk management including overall ownership of the risk register and annual reporting to the Board.
- To ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the charity's financial policies and procedures and internal control systems.
- To support the effective delivery of contracts through good financial reporting and support to Programme Managers' reporting including monthly meetings with each Programme manager.
- To support effective fundraising through contributing to and checking budgets submitted with funding proposals and providing input to the financial sections of bid documents and subsequent reporting.
- To support the development of social enterprise and new income streams through financial modelling and involvement in the creation of business plans.
- The infrastructure remit currently encompasses: IT, phones, premises and premises contracts, contracts, organisational risk assessment, facilities and repairs, health and safety compliance, buildings repair and maintenance. The role will take leadership responsibility but work in collaboration with Programme and service managers to ensure identification and completion of required tasks.