RoleThe main purpose of the position is to risk manage the Global Event Driven Equity Arbitrage desk.
The firm and the team are expanding, hence the reason for this hire.
The role is based in London, UK.Duties
- Daily analysis of all Equity Arb portfolios.
- Liaising with Portfolio Managers to understand trades, exposures, and trading ideas.
- Creating, and performing, scenario analyses.
- Improving the firm's risk processes, analytics and ways of reporting risks.
- A degree in a quantitative subject followed by a postgraduate qualification.
- Familiarity with arbitrage strategies - in any asset class.
- Experience as a quant or as a risk manager in a bank or on the buy-side.
- Solid programming skills, either in C/C++/C# or in Python within a large-scale production environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A positive mindset and a "can-do" attitude.
Vennbridge is an employment firm in relation to this posting. For further information, see www.vennbridge.com