We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our team in Grangemouth. The role is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week, with a salary of circa £36k to £40k, dependent on experience.
Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days rising to 39 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, discounted shopping vouchers and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
The role will be responsible for the overall management of both the M&E and Maintenance Team for delivery of minor works and reactive maintenance. The Maintenance Manager will lead their teams and promote continuous improvement of our processes.
They will effectively and efficiently utilise available resources to maintain the integrity and safety of the core waterway through the application of rigorous asset management procedures and risk evaluation. Delivering innovative solutions which conserve and enhance the heritage and environment of the waterway network for visitors to enjoy, supporting Scottish Canals aims to improve safety and increase the number of people using the inland waterways network.
Day to day tasks:
· Responsible for all aspects of asset maintenance associated with the waterway e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Control systems, Hydraulics, Civil, Contraction, Piling, Dredging.
· Support Scottish Canals aims to safeguard our heritage and build our future through motivating and empowering people by ensuring the network infrastructure is effectively maintained and delivery of an agreed works program by management of the teams and safe allocation and deployment of this and other resources.
· Contribute to the production of local emergency and health and safety plans.
· Lead by example, encourage the team to take responsibility for safety of colleagues, volunteers, themselves and customers. Comply with SC Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Undertake risk assessments, investigate and report incidents, accidents and near misses. Ensure safe use of appropriate equipment, prepare. Risk Assessments and Method Statements ensuring contents are understood and acted upon through appropriate record keeping system.
· Delivery of Maintenance Activities and project delivery in accordance with the Asset Management Strategy and subsequent Plans.
· Ensure quality assurance / compliance with all relevant legislation.
· Ensure compliance with all mandatory standards and review these as required. Liaison with other statutory bodies and local communities.
· Delivery of the agreed work programmes e.g. general works programme, preventative maintenance programme through functional team working, on time and within budget, using appropriate resource.
· Ensure all tasks comply with safety, customer service standards, financial, environment and heritage standards, SC's procedures and policies and service level agreements
· Co-operate with, consult and inform Engineering Team, team member and other departments to ensure works are delivered to the required safety and consequences on planned works.
· Ensure the training needs of the teams are met and maintained with particular emphasis on the completion of Minimum Safety Learning Standards.
· Supervision of sub-contractors on sites, and lower value framework contracts, in accordance with the Contract Management Standards.
· NEBOSH or NVQ level 3 (H&S)
· HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant area.
· Project & Business Risk Management
· Membership of appropriate professional body.
· SMSTS (Site managers Safety Training Scheme)
· Relevant engineering experience. M&E bias with civil experience beneficial.
· Good understanding of SC Health & Safety Policy, Principles, Standards, Procedures and Guidance documents.
· Relevant heritage and environmental awareness.
· Experience in working in a maintenance environment.
· Previous experience of recruitment, supervision, and development of a team.
· Budgetary experience.
· Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. MS Office.
· Valid Driving License