All Dogs Matter is a rescue and rehoming charity that transforms the lives of unwanted and abandoned dogs in and around London. We also rehome dogs from overseas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to work alongside our Assistant Charity Shop Manager and help our shop reach its full potential and raise much needed funds for our charity. You will supervise volunteers, organise rotas and facilitate the smooth running of operations. You will ensure that all sales transactions and the handling of valuable stock are conducted with the utmost integrity in alignment with All Dogs Matter's policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will join us on a permanent basis working 5 days a week including some weekends and will receive a competitive salary of £11 per hour.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities and experience:
- Experience in a retail environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities
- Experience of working and managing a team of volunteers
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload using basic admin skills
- Experience of pricing, selling and merchandising stock
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and the risk controls to put in place to ensure the safety of customers, volunteers and yourself
- Excellent organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Reliable and committed to an excellent attendance record
- Able to work on own initiative and co-ordinate the activities of others
- A 'can-do' approach, able to respond positively to new challenges and overcome them
- Demonstrate respect for staff, volunteers and members of the public at all times.
Main duties to include:
- Motivating, managing and training volunteers.
- Ensuring that the shop is adequately staffed at all times and establishing appropriate rotas for staff and volunteers.
- Driving sales to maximise shop income.
- Ensuring that all company administrative and financial procedures are followed including banking and cash register reconciliation.
- Ensuring that the shop premises are clean and tidy at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner.
- Acting as keyholder; to open and close the shop for agreed trading hours and ensure that the premises are secure on leaving.
- To respond to emergency call out if and when necessary.
- Some flexibility in the working hours will be required from time to time