Hey, we're The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We've been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues' to pureplay online retail, but we're not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...The opportunity.
As a Marketing Strategy Manager, you will work very closely with the Marketing Senior Leadership Team in helping to shape and drive our strategic ambitions for the year ahead.
Our customers are our world; the Strategy Manager will be instrumental in bringing the new business strategy to life through our marketing strategy. With a clear focus on our customer strategy, conversion and loyalty to name just a few of the exciting areas this role will make a difference in. We are looking for someone obsessed with our customer, who they are and what they need, and focused on how we can continually evolve our approach to maximise their experience with us to achieve our business and strategic goals.Key Responsibilities.
- Lead on shaping and defining the approach to delivery for the key strategic focus areas for the team, aligned to the Retail and Business Strategies.
- Responsible for shaping and influencing the end to end approach and delivery for our marketing teams, working alongside marketing, categories, trading etc.
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring progress is being made as targeted, driving the removal of blocks to progress, and regularly reporting on progress vs plan in a clear way.
- Lead on the development of the roadmap for the Marketing Transformation journey. Ensuring progress is made on the right areas with speed, course correcting as needed and regularly reporting on progress.
- The role holder will lead on evolving ways of working across Marketing, and with adjacent teams, moving us to a more streamlined approach, and with agile ways of work embedded in our day to day approach.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have
- At least 5 years' Experience working in the UK Retail and/or Financial Services Market
- An ability to consume complex information, and translate this in a compelling vision for the future and a clear roadmap to deliver it.
- Exemplary written communication, creating clear and visually easy to consume documentation.
- An ability to manage a wide range of topics, handling breadth with ease.
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills to facilitate others and create clarity.
- Strength in understanding existing processes, identifying challenges with it, and defining new ways of working.
- An understanding of agile ways of working.
- Ability to benchmark and set direction with clear KPI's and targets.
- Strong understanding of the end to end customer experience, and how we can influence improvements.
- Collaborative nature and excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels from board level to colleagues across the retail team.
How To Apply
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you're a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.