We are a close knit and informal creative design agency offering a relaxed working environment that is driven by self-management and self-motivation. We are now looking to hire an experienced Accounts/Finance Manager who wants to join like-minded individuals and grow with us. If you have relevant experience and are 100% focused on tight and efficient financial management then we want to hear from you.
Finance Manager – Design Agency, Surrey
Up to £46,000 plus flexible working hours, flexible holiday allowance, bonus structure and more.
Your next gig?
Our most important goal is to find the right personal fit for the people we hire. You might have a recognised financial qualification which will open up the full scope of this role. However, we also welcome applications from non-qualified accounts professionals who have an inherent skill and talent for business finance, and who can still help us reach our end goals with the additional assistance of qualified third party suppliers. In either case, you will have proven experience as a Finance Manager or Controller. Group accounting experience would also be highly beneficial.
The full scope of the role includes:
The preparation of timely, accurate monthly management and other financial Information for the Directors of the Company. You will lead the finance function and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Group. You will also be required to work closely with the senior management team on ad hoc projects.
Your regular responsibilities will include:
+ Strategy & Planning:
– Developing financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
– Annual budget preparation.
– Financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
– Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for efficiency opportunities
– Create weekly, monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
– Work closely with the management team to share reports and analysis findings
– Improve efficiencies and reduce costs where possible across the business
+ Day to Day Bookkeeping:
– Raising AR invoices
– Posting AP invoices
– Bank Reconciliations (multiple currencies)
– Manage/reconcile the monthly payroll input files to send to external provider
– Weekly WIP meetings with the Client account director
– VAT returns
– Manage external Accountant’s relationship and ensure they complete agreed responsibilities
– All other ad hoc duties.
– High-level financial reporting and analysis
– Provide support to project management with detailed project analysis
– Preparation of company tax and statutory accounts
– Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
+ Cash flow:
– Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
– Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
– Maintain a strong focus on controls and processes
– Debt management and collection
– Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
– Implement and manage systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
– Supervise and manage external suppliers involved in the financial function of the business
Qualifications and skills:
– You should be fully or part ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified and hold a related Degree qualification or be qualified by experience.
– Xero system knowledge is highly beneficial
– Advanced Excel skills
– Good leadership; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisation; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research & analytical skills.
This is a full time role working five days per week. However, we can offer a flexible working arrangement, the details of which can be discussed and agreed. You must be based within or in close proximity to Surrey. If your address shows you as outside of Surrey then please explain how you would commute to Reigate. At the time of publication our highly Covid secure office remains open. However, provision for home working is possible should conditions require it.
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the Hiring Manager
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.