Customer Service Advisor & Claims Handler
A Fantastic Opportunity*Permanent Role*
Our client is a fast and growing consumer focused insurance broker specialising in key personal insurance products; including car, home and pet. Working within a culture that is supportive, fast paced and fun, whilst ensuring 100% customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything they do. Based in the centre of Harrogate in a fantastic modern office environment.
Up to £18,100 per annum (depending on experience)
To work flexibly between the hours of 6am to 10pm on a shift basis (Monday to Sunday)
- To provide an efficient and professional service to assist our clients when making claims for either a vehicle breakdown or a road traffic accident.
- To continually liaise with our network of recovery operators to minimise delays for our customers.
- To provide support to the Breakdown Team Leader where required; including identifying commercial opportunities.
- To assist with the handling of Motor and Pet calls during periods of high call volumes.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- To provide a market leading standard of customer service.
- To empathise with customers following a breakdown, motor accident or pet injury/illness and to also provide reassurance and assistance
- To effectively work alongside both the Team Leader and Breakdown Network Manager; this is in order to maintain a comprehensive network of UK wide recovery agents. This is done by continuous performance monitoring, recruiting, negotiation and management of and with existing and potential agents
- To maximise the profit of the business through effective call handling and working to agreed KPIs and performance targets.
- To successfully deal with difficult and contentious issues where applicable and to our policy wordings; this in order to manage complaints fairly and professionally and within regulatory guidelines.
- To handle all aspects of the job efficiently; this then creates a good impression to colleagues, Management, Business partners and clients a like.
- To be able to overcome objections, barriers and can deal with constructive criticism well.
- To effectively explain policy limitations to our policyholders, whilst providing excellent customer care. Support the Claims Manager, Team Leader with ongoing scheme development.
- To identify underwriting ambiguities and create policy approval documents accordingly; this is in order to reduce complaints/ dissatisfied customers and any loss of business. To work alongside the Claims Manager and Team Leader by liaising with our panel of external suppliers (e.g. Insurers, Garages and Recovery Operators) in order to ensure the continual smooth management of the whole claims process.
Summary of Skills
- Good written communication and letter writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent and effective oral communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to empathise and successfully deal with contentious issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assertiveness and confidence.
- Integrates well into team situations
- . Approachable.
- Act with integrity.
- Demonstrates the utmost professionalism towards both colleagues and management at all times.
- Good computer skills.
- A fair to good knowledge of both the road and motorway networks within the UK is an advantage.
- Good to comprehensive business and insurance product knowledge is an advantage. Can work either independently or collaboratively.
- Is able to prioritise workload in order of importance and to multi-task if required
- Driving licence is an advantage
(Educational & Professional)
- GCSE level Maths & English Professional
- PC literate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL NEED TO PASS A CREDIT AND DBS CHECK. OFFERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO BOTH CHECKS BEING CLEAR.
We look forward to receiving your application, good luck!
Company DescriptionOur Employees are the forefront of our Business! We are only good as the candidates we source