Head of School - North London - Permanent contract - September 2021 start Role: Head of SchoolStart date: September 2021Place of work: SEND School in North LondonContract: PermanentSalary: £65000 - £75000
Are you a strong leader with a clear vision and effective management skills?
Are you passionate and committed to working with learners with a wide range of special educational needs?
Would you relish the opportunity to work in a successful and innovative school that is continuously improving?
I am actively looking for a Head of School for a SEND specialist school in North London. The school, which caters for pupils aged 4-19 with special educational needs operates across multiple sites and provisions, has an excellent reputation and a strong sense of community. Head of School role
As Head of School, you will be responsible in the day to day running and overall management of one of the schools North London based sites. Areas you will take a lead role in managing include leadership strategy, safeguarding, teaching and learning, inclusion, behaviour, data and assessment whilst having positive and ongoing communication with other members of the SLT.What to expect as Head of School
Head of School responsibilities include:
- The opportunity to take a lead role in an incredibly exciting part of this schools development journey
- You will join a team of talented and highly committed SEND education professionals
- The chance to join a school that genuinely believes in empowering every child to achieve their dreams
Head of School requirements
- To play a key role in maintaining and promoting the schools aims
- To successfully manage the school in all key areas and focus on the long-term school development plan
- To develop and uphold outstanding relationships with the pupils, staff team, parents and carers.
- To act as designated safeguarding lead
- To be responsible for line managing staff on the site
- To lead your own SLT
Interested in hearing more?
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- NPQH or NPQSL (Desirable)
- Safeguarding training
- Leadership experience in a school setting
- Experience and knowledge of SEND learners (desirable)
If you want to hear more about our SEND opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert, uploading your CV to our website, or emailing your CV
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and you are welcome to contact us to discuss your SEND career development.
Parker Smith Inclusion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We will help you with this.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Parker Smith Inclusion Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.