Pay: Kent Range 4
Start Date: September 2021 Required to start September 2021
As we expand the primary phase of Saint George's into Key Stage Two, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teaching Assistant of exceptional ability to join our team to work in our year three class, in this over-subscribed and successful all through school.
The school has an existing reputation for high quality education with a relentless focus upon high expectations and aspirations. Your role in supporting our year three class will be to enable children and their families to continue accessing outstanding provision as we expand into Key Stage Two.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- want to be involved in shaping and developing outstanding learning experiences to enable all children to thrive
- want to work in a supportive and caring environment
- are committed to enabling every child to achieve the very best they can
To be successful in this post, you will need:
- Previous experience of working with children in KS2
- A personal high standard of maths and literacy skills with a secure understanding of English grammar
- An understanding of using assessment for learning to enable pupils to make progress
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn, the maths mastery approach
- To be enthusiastic and highly organised about all aspects of classroom operation
- Have high expectations of both pupils and yourself
- To be self-motivated and show creativity when adapting learning to meet the needs of individuals or small groups of children
- A belief in inclusion, diversity and the right of each child to be successful whatever their needs, abilities and background
- To be able to demonstrate our Christian values
- To be able to inspire, motivate and foster excellent relationships, working in partnership with staff, parents, governors and our wider community
- Good interpersonal skills, a sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a hard-working, enthusiastic, supportive and committed team
- To be committed to your own professional development and keen to make a significant contribution to the life of our school.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing Date: 10/06/2021 at 14:00
Interviews: Tuesday 15th June 2021
Saint George's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
Information about the school
Saint George's Church of England School is a popular wide ability school for boys and girls. It is located in pleasant green fields and is within easy reach of the A2/M2 motorway with excellent transport links to London. In 2016 it was the most oversubscribed high school in Kent.
Saint George's Church of England School converted to Academy status in November 2011 and is a founder member of the Aletheia Anglican Academies Trust formed in December 2014.
The school underwent a section 8 inspection (February 2017) and was considered to have remained 'Good' overall with 'Outstanding' for Leadership and Management; continued improvement since the last inspection was also recognised. I recommend it to you as a friendly community, where an energetic, willing, supportive staff work enthusiastically and collaboratively to enable students to excel.
We are delighted that we have been able to expand our age range to open a new primary department on site, making Saint George's an all through school from 4-18 from September 2019.
Saint George's Church of England School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.