Maths Teacher - PRU - East London
Are you passionate about teaching students with social emotional and mental health disorders?
Are you a Maths Teacher with experience in SEMH settings? or are you currently teaching in mainstream and seeking a transition into an SEND setting.PRU setting - Maths Teacher
We are looking for a Maths Teacher for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in East London. The school caters for students who are unable to access mainstream education and sometimes have a EHCP (SEMH, ASD, ADHD). The students may have suffered adverse childhood experiences including trauma and toxic stress and require an individual and holistic approach to their learning and support.
We support Education providers that educate children and young people who for many reasons cannot access any other formal educational settings - these are the most vulnerable, at risk and hard to reach in our community. Understanding their SEMH needs must be met before any academic development can happen. Understanding their SEMH needs is essential in these roles and we are seeking individuals who can make a positive impact.Maths Teacher
What you can expect from this Maths Teacher role
- Therapeutic teaching approach
- Maths Teacher with a PGCE in Maths
- Experience of teaching with emotional regulation and with positive behaviour/de-escalation strategies
- Positive role model to support communication, with a sensitive, nurturing, and consistent approach
- Experience with SEMH, Trauma, Sensory processing, social communication teaching background
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with vulnerable students
- Experience of working with disengaged teenagers is essential.
Maths Teacher Requirements
- To teach in a setting with a likeminded team who are equally as dedicated to the learning and personal development of young people
- Experience working in specialist settings for young people with social, emotional and mental health needs
- Working with Multidisciplinary therapy teams
- Extensive specialist training from SEMH Specialists
- Although this particular role requires QTS/QTLS we want to hear from all Teachers no matter what your qualification is!
- The passion to teach and inspire young people during a crucial stage of their personal and academic development.
- A nurturing, patient, empathetic and holistic approach
Although experience teaching in SEMH specialist settings/PRU/Alternative Provision is beneficial I would also love to hear from individuals who are interested in taking their first steps into SEND settings.Interested in hearing more?
If you want to hear more about our SEND opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert or emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and you are welcome to contact us to discuss your SEND career development.
Parker Smith Inclusion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We will help you with this.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Parker Smith Inclusion Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.