Communications Director, Central London
Salary: to £90,000 p.a. + 10% bonus
Our client is a global scientific analytics company that is looking for an experienced Communications Director to join them as an integral team member within their Central London office.
They are looking for an experienced and dynamic Communications Director who can bring the open science and research value story to life, using a variety of cutting-edge communications and PR tools. We expect the Director to be both strategic and highly collaborative in executing a global communications plan.
In return, you will get the chance to work with smart people in a vibrant and diverse global company whose purpose is to help institutions and professionals advance healthcare, open science and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. You'll get to travel, work with the most senior people in our business, take charge of your career and get rewarded for outstanding performance.
The position reports to the VP Global Communications for Research and has PR agency support.
Open Science and research value positioning, alignment and dissemination.
* Responsible for driving thought leadership positioning, communicating internally and externally the core brand positioning in alignment with business-wide objectives. Work with a wide range of internal business leaders to gain consensus and dissemination via business unit platforms (earned, owned and paid media, events, trainings, etc.).
Create and be responsible for the delivery of Open Science and research value Communications Plan.
* Work with all internal stakeholders to define a clear pipeline of Open Science communications campaigns and opportunities, to include the creation of engaging content/collateral to bolster the company's Open Science credentials and creditability.
Build relationships with Media and Key Opinion Leaders across the Open Science Community.
* Develop stakeholder management plans to engage with the broad community that is shaping the future of how research will be funded, created and shared.
Commercial negotiation support.
* Work with teams in Research Solutions Sales, Government Relations and Global Strategic Networks to develop communications plans that support all stages of the commercial negotiation process with our customers, partners and regulators.
Reputational risk management.
* Identifying, tracking and responding to potential reputational threats to the Open Science objectives, developing and executing communications programs to pre-empt and mitigate those threats.
Qualifications & Skills required
* Degree plus proven communications, journalism, public relations, brand/marketing/advertising, or relevant experience (5+ years). Affinity with health, research, and professional sectors a plus.
* Superior English language written and oral communication skills, including mastery of various global writing styles and expertise in editing; additional language skills and/or international communications experience a plus.
* Extensive experience in developing and managing integrated communications campaigns and activities involving traditional media and digital channels
* Astute at managing media relations, issues and policy communications, crisis preparation and management.
* Experience advising senior management, including helping them navigate challenging communications risks and challenges.
* Demonstrated skills in presentation and written communications and an innate understanding of how to connect with an audience.
* Understanding of the application of metrics and data to brand, as well as translating analytics into actionable insights.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively establish, lead, and maintain collaborative and cooperative working relationships both within and outside of the organization; multicultural awareness required.
* Exceptional organizational skills; willing to adapt strategies and tactics on the fly.
* Budgeting experience with a proven record of fiscal responsibility.
* Keen judgment and business acumen to understand the commercial risks, challenges and opportunities around the move to an Open Science infrastructure.
* Diplomacy and negotiating skills.
* Internal communications experience a plus.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
* Fluency with web and social media platforms and applications.
* Technical understanding of content creation and editing tools, content management systems, search platforms, and web/social media publishing, syndication, monitoring, and analytic tools.
* Some travel may be required