Role: Product Marketing Manager
: London based office. Remote for now, likely 1-2 days from office longer term.Salary:
£70,000 to £80,000 plus benefits and 10% bonus
Let's kick this one off with a few buzzwords and phrases, so you know what the business you're potentially joining is all about:
- Streaming Analytics
- Rapidly scaling start up business within a well-established global brand
Moving onto the role itself:
- Be the voice of the customer
- Working with Product teams to shape value propositions
- Own the go to market strategy and its execution, looking to achieve sales and revenue goals
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the market. Understand changing customer and buyer behaviour as well as competitor actions
- Own the sales and marketing toolkit, including - events, content marketing, sales enablement collateral like presentations, brochures, case studies, data sheets, etc.
- Devise and implement campaigns to drive leads and sales funnels
So far I'm expecting you're probably thinking 'all pretty standard', and you'll be right.
So what sets this one apart? Why should you consider moving to join this firm, and in this capacity?
This lies in the specific field this business is in.The Industry
The data and analytics industry's huge. Even at the height of the pandemic, when the jobs market was collapsing, the data and analytics industry continued to grow. Demand for talent in that space never stopped.
The same thing happened during the financial crisis in '08.
In 2020, the total amount of data created, captured, copied and consumed in the world reached 59 Zettabytes.
For context that same year, the total amount of data on the Internet was approximately 40 Zettabytes.
Our thirst for data - be it consumption or creation is insatiable, and the amount of data that's out there is estimated to double in size about every 2 years.
Due to scale, speed and access to enable quick decision making is becoming ever more important. Pressing a button and waiting a day for a computer to spit out a result isn't acceptable. As in many financial and commercial sectors, the data is obsolete. You can't base critical decisions on old data.
This is where this streaming analytics thrives. Helping businesses make decisions in real-time, on live data. Never missing the opportunity.
This is the product you'll be marketing.About the Company
They're a global SaaS and consulting firm made up of a couple of thousand people, and this position sits in a marketing unit of around 30.
Despite being an established firm of scale, from a marketing perspective they're entrepreneurial and agile. A lot of what they do targets a relatively small audience of circa 20,000 prospects. As they've got a really well-defined proposition which connects with a very specific target base.
They employ a fairly classical B2B marketing engine, which includes events, paid digital, social, programmatic, field marketing, product marketing, etc. too. But don't employ an ABM approach because they market to prospects using a multiple personality approach, typically with small-scale campaigns which have lots of potential moving parts.What experience you need to demonstrate:
- A background in Product Marketing from a B2B software / SaaS industries
- Broad marketing pedigree which should include value proposition development, messaging, being the voice of the customer, go to market planning and campaign execution
- The ability to demonstrate results and successes you've achieved
- Able to take a complex technology and turn it into simple, compelling messaging
- High level strategic thinker
- Ability to work with partners on joint marketing efforts
- Love fast-paced industries and environments
If you think you've got what it takes, you can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV - it doesn't have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.
Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:Colin Doree
Head of Recruitment, Marketing, Digital & Data
Blue PelicanEvery application will receive a response.