Our client is a provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Based in South Cambridgeshire/North Hertfordshire border - nr Royston, our client are looking for a School Business Manager to focus on the financial management of the school and associated residential homes.
The Commercial Manager will be part of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for ensuring that the financial strategic objectives for the service are on track and all safe working practices, regulatory records and policies are all maintained and updated.
You will take responsibility for the planning, monitoring and evaluation of budgets and the management of all financial administrative processes across the services. There will also be the need for regular reporting to the Governors and the production of high-quality reports to enable them to make informed decisions.
Your role will also include the line management and direction for the Site and Facilities Manager, the site HR team and Administrators and will be actively involved in a number of new developments.
Successful candidate qualities:
* Strong commercial focus with extensive finance experience
* Knowledge of EBITDA, financial systems, processes and budget preparation
* Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
* Effective team leadership and management
* Ability to work closely and collaboratively with central finance department
* Experience working within a school or care setting - (not essential)
* Ability to learn then keep ahead of funding and legislative changes relevant to the education and care sector
* A Management or Professional qualification in related area to role eg. Management Diploma or Finance qualification is desirable.
* Full training and continued support
* Life assurance and Pension
* Health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
* 30 days annual leave
* Free car-parking