Head of Marketing - NeighbourlyAbout Neighbourly
Neighbourly is a multi-award-winning community investment platform that helps companies make a positive measurable impact in their communities, by putting "local impact" at the heart of responsible business.
We are uniquely positioned to grow sustainable community investment working as a two sided marketplace that connects corporate partners with thousands of vetted local good causes, facilitating the donation of surplus products (e.g. food), employee volunteering programmes and provision of financial support (e.g. grants), all in one place.
Our technology helps drive operational efficiency, promote employee engagement and foster wellbeing by providing data and insights that help businesses achieve their CSR and ESG (environmental, social, governance) objectives. Because the platform is public it enables a business to surface community stories and create a discoverable legacy of giving, helping to enhance brand reputation and build positive community relations.
Neighbourly is at an exciting time in its journey having just completed a successful Series A funding round and is entering a period of accelerated growth. The next few years will see the business consolidate its market leading position in the UK and provide a springboard for international expansion. The rise of the corporate ESG agenda, combined with the climate crisis and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, means the Neighbourly proposition is more relevant and needed than ever.What you'll be doing as our Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing will be joining the company as it enters a critical phase of accelerated growth and, as part of the senior management team, you'll play a pivotal role in optimising all aspects of the marketing mix to drive awareness and lead generation. With a proven track record in developing and delivering digital marketing strategies, you will be responsible for the Neighbourly brand, growth marketing, CRM, PR, content and comms. Working closely with the executive team, you will develop the brand and communications strategy across our target markets.
The Head of Marketing will manage a team of three plus a PR agency initially, and the team will grow in line with the strategy that you set.What experience you'll need to apply
- Extensive digital marketing and brand building experience at an international level, in a Head of Marketing role or similar.
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing ambitious investor backed business
- Analytical and data driven - up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Team Player - able to provide input into a multifunctional team
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimising Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong media relations, from creating story angles to the press to generating coverage.
- Community minded - a desire to help make things better
- Strong understanding and passion for the sustainability agenda
- Desire to utilise your skills to help businesses be a force for good, not just for profit, and an ambassador of our B Corp status
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Neighbourly. As a fellow B Corp, they are well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose and a want to make a positive impact on society and the planet.
Please note that any candidates that approach Neighbourly directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.Inclusion and equality
Here at Neighbourly, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. We are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best and share in our journey for the long term. We're building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.